After download, install it until finished, then open up XAMPP Control Panel. There are five basic services available : Apache, MySQL, Filezilla, Mercury, Tomcat. As I mentioned above, we need Apache and MySQL server to deploy our server side scripts to be able to send them to our client. So simply just start Apache and MySQL server in XAMPP until both of them are green in the module column.
Testing Apache Server
- Open your browser, type localhost in the url, and hit enter
- Apache welcome page will pop up into your browser
- Now let’s go to htdocs directory inside your XAMPP directory. In my case, the directory is “D:/xampp/htdocs”.
- Create a new folder in htdocs directory called “firstcode”.
- Create a new file in firstcode directory called “index.php”
- Open “index.php” using notepad, and type the following code :
<?php echo 'Hello World'; ?>
- Open your browser, type localhost/firstcode in your url, then hit enter.