Ever wondered about why your Microsoft Excel file does not work correctly, especially when the file is downloaded from the internet? For example, in the middle of your work in front of your laptop in the evening, in a sudden, your mood is changed because of a simple problem like a pop up message saying : Style ‘Percent’ not found.
This is definitely a big problem to be considered, since if you don’t know how to handle this error, you will end up either creating new file and transfer all your data into the new file, or just ignore it and continue working without even bothering about changing your silly looking decimal placed style cells.
Solution to Microsoft Excel error : Style Percent Not Found
There are a couple of ways to resolve this issue. This is the easiest way :
- Create a new blank .xlsx file
- Go back to your original file
- Go to Home ribbon menu, click on Styles –> Cell Styles –> Merge Styles.
- Choose the name of new workbook you just created in step 1, and then click OK.
- Try changing your cells into percent again, and it will be good.
This solution would also work for other style related error, like style ‘comma’ not found. In short, there is a problem in your excel workbook styles. You just need to merge styles, and everything will be good.